There are 3 videos embedded in the PowerPoint. Simply start the slideshow and click the image and it will open in your browser. The PowerPoint contains diagrams, examples and explanations. It includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the PowerPoint) and a student lesson handout as a word document which follows the PowerPoint.
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the PowerPoint
- The student version of the PowerPoint
- Videos embedded into the PowerPoint
- Student activity and worksheet
- Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
- Atomic Theory Matching
- Atom Size
- Dalton – Ball Model
- J.J. Thompson – Raisin Bun Model
- Rutherford – Gold Foil Experiment
- Bohr – Energy Level Model
- "I love this lesson! As a first year Biology teacher, I try to find other ways to teach beside using the textbook."
"Excellent information. Great for the students to get a better understanding of the history behind that atom."
- "This Atomic Theory PowerPoint lesson is a great way for the kids to get the information needed, plus more than would be offered in the book!"
- "As a Special Education teacher, finding lessons that intrigued the kids can be difficult. The videos and provided fill-in sheets (PowerPoint and Word) are a great tool for them to gather the information without drilling information and answering boring textbook questions. I'm excited to use this lesson, as the kids have loved the PowerPoint lessons in the past from Fergy! I would highly recommend any material Fergy produces!!"
"This is great. Saved me a lot of time"
"Clear concise and easy for the students to understand"
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
- Size2.51 MB